Super-taut catenary-cut hexagonal tarps for hammock and tarp camping
|MacCat Micro||120"×60"||7.4 oz (210 g)||$65.00|
|MacCat Standard||125"×84"||10.2 oz (335 g)||$95.00||8.2 oz (230 g)||$140.00|
|MacCat Deluxe||130"×104"||13.1 oz (370 g)||$115.00||10.2 oz (285 g)||$160.00|
|MacCat Ultra||144"×104"||15.4 oz (435 g)||$130.00||12.3 oz (350 g)||$195.00|
|Guy line Kit||6 lines, bag||2.0 oz (55 g)||$10.00|
*Width is measured from the widest point.
- Made out of super light, 100% waterproof 1.4 oz Silnylon or .95 oz SpinnUL
- Hexagonal shaped to provide efficient coverage of any commercial or home-made hammock
- Catenary-cut sides eliminate tarp sagging and wind flapping
- Provides cooking, changing, and gear storage space in even wind driven rain
- Reinforced with triple stitched, webbing backed edging and 210D Kevlar ripstop tieouts with nylon pull tabs and heavy duty ABS plastic D-rings
- Comes fully seam sealed and in a silnylon stuff sack
- Generation 3 improvements: Refined tieouts, new superior perimeter reinforcement, and improved seam sealing techniques reducing weight by 15%
- Guyline kit includes six 6' precut guylines and a reinforced silnylon stake bag
Prices and weights include seam sealing and silnylon stuff sack. Compare that to other tarp manufacturers, who not only expect you to seam seal your own tarp and make your own stuff sack, but don’t include these factors in their final weights. Want to save 0.5oz? Leave the stuff sack at home, or use it as a lightweight ditty bag, they’re perfect sized for a cook kit bag or for storing raingear!
MacCat Generation 3 Refinements
- A 15% or more reduction in weight through lighter, finer grade materials for the tieouts and edging.
- Improved seam sealing using better application and less sealant to provide better protection from rain along the seam.
- Improved stuff sacks with better proportions for easier stuffing.
- The same price as before! The OES evolution continues at no additional cost to customers.
Don't forget the best Tarp in the World—the MacCat.
Brian, Recently I received your MacCat Standard. I'm taking a week in the woods this spring and one of my concerns was the tarp I was going to use. Frankly, after experimenting a bit with a variety of setups, this is the best tarp I've ever seen. In my opinion, the stitching and selection of materials is truly outstanding. I have full confidence now that this tarp is exactly what I will need on my trip; excellent coverage, durability and exceptional design. Thank you for your years of dedication to providing comfort and peace of mind to the hammock hanging hikers of the world.
Brian MacMillin's MacCat Deluxe is far superior as a hammock tarp than any other tarp I have tried. The curved edges mean almost ZERO wind noise, even in strong gusts. The workmanship is outstanding. The option to hang the tarp high above the hammock ridgeline, and staked out at a wide angle, makes this the perfect tarp for warm, humid, and rainy conditions. However, it is large enough that it could also be hung snug against the ground and wrapped around the ends of the hammock for wind protection during colder weather. Your work is outstanding, you communicate, and you keep your promises. Outstanding!
Well, I'm leaving in a few minutes to hit the AT for my northbound Thru-Hike, but before I left, I wanted to comment on the MacCat standard tarp I received in the mail yesterday afternoon. Its very well-sewn, meticulously waterproofed and generally good stuff. Pitches very taut. Brian, the maker, was very responsive over email and accommodating to questions and requests, including me asking him to make me one last minute for my hike. Very highly recommended.